It’s funny, the retrospection of life—going through these momentous events only to look back and ask, “what if?”
- What if I could do it all over again, would I make different decisions?
- What if I had said something else or nothing at all, would it have made a difference?
- What if I had taken another path, would my present look the same as it does today?
Of course, we can’t change the past.
And longing for what could have, would have, and should have been is an exercise in futility.
The lesson is to look ahead, not behind
Accept the what ifs; learn from them and keep your eyes on the opportunities in front of you.
The road to fulfillment is long and arduous with no shortcuts along the way. So, take the lessons of the past and apply them to the future.
Then never look back in regret.
Don’t dwell on what you can’t change—don’t cruise through life on autopilot either.
Participate in your own existence
The future remains the same—as uncertain as it always has been. There’s no predicting it; only shaping it as best we can.
Looking back and moving forward: life’s greatest parallel.
Don’t you think?
The Diary of Davis: you monthly dose of inspiration
Recently, I published the inaugural edition of the Diary of Davis: a monthly chronicle of personal growth and professional development.
It’s a newsletter for those weary of mundane Mondays, bored with tiresome Tuesdays, and sick of the everyday doldrums—written for aspiring freelancers, small business owners and entrepreneurs, and anybody ready to make change and lead a fulfilled life.
Join me as I share my journey to Change—from the failures and setbacks to the wins and the milestones—and how the trip thus far has improved my personal and professional life.
Designed to help you navigate Life’s unexpected curve balls, break free of day-in, day-out routine, and open your eyes to the opportunities around you.
- Personal experiences and stories meant to inspire you to initiate change in your life and/or business
- Curated content (articles, videos, podcasts, and more) from authors, thought-leaders, and industry experts on personal development and best practices for a healthy work-life balance
- Provoking ideas, random thoughts, quirky jokes, and whatever helps remind you there’s more to life than the same ole, same ole.
In short, the Diary of Davis is a dose of inspiration delivered to your inbox the first Monday of every month.
If you think this newsletter has value, I’d be mighty grateful if you subscribed below or shared it with someone who might appreciate what’s inside.
Thanks for reading, folks!